Mon, 25 Oct|
The Progress Tour International | SotoTennis Academy
The Progress Tour returns to SotoTennis Academy for their annual international event...
Time & Location
25 Oct 2021, 09:00 – 29 Oct 2021, 17:00
SotoTennis Academy, El Octogono Club De Padel y Tenis, Paseo del Río S/N, 11310 Sotogrande, Cádiz, Spain
About the Event
With thanks to our hosts SotoTennis Academy and sponsors - Peninsula and Babolat.
Last year, The SotoTennis Academy Progress Tour International saw 64 players battle it out over five hard-fought competition days for the Winner’s Cheque of €1,000.00. In October 2021, in a Covid-19 safe environment, the tour returns to the home of SotoTennis Academy, who will play host to their third annual Progress Tour International event. The event looks set to be even bigger and better than last year, with fierce competition in the beautiful setting of Sotogrande, the opportunity to win a share of a substantial prize pot, as well as the chance to become part of Team Soto for the week...Venue
SotoTennis Academy, Sotogrande, SpainDate
Monday 25th - Friday 29th October 2021
(some pre-lim matches for local players may take place on Sunday 24th October)Event Referee
Ollie CoresTournament Director
Barry FulcherWhat to expect
* A minimum of three level-based and progressive UTR-powered matches
* Doubles Tie-Break Tens Shootout Event with Guest Speaker
* Prize Money
* Mixed, Co-ed Draws with a Female Bonus Winner
* Player Housing (on a first-come-first-served basis, requested via email@example.com)
* Goody BagFormat
Qualifying Draw, plus all playback matches will be two short sets, plus championship tie-break deciding set.
Main Draw with two full sets plus championship tie-break deciding set.
Refereed by an approved Progress Tour representative.
Qualifying compass draw for lower UTR players on 25th & 26th October, feeding into Main Draw for higher UTR players on 27th, 28th and 29th October.
Players must be available to play on all competition daysSurface
Outdoor Clay (playback matches may take place on an alternative surface)Players
Mixed Event, recommended UTR of 6.5 upwards. Players below this are invited to enter, but their participation cannot be guaranteedEntries
2pm on Thursday 21st October 2021 OR when entries are full. Please click the 'REGISTER' button and fill in the details, completing payment to confirm your entry.
Please note, entries are based on a first come first served basis - if you are able to enter via the registration button above, your entry into the event is secured.
Entry & Withdrawal deadline are one and the same. Any withdrawal received after this time, will not receive an entry fee refund.Entry Fee
Winner - €1,000
Runner-Up - €400
Semi-Finalists - €200
Quarter-Finalists - €100
Additional Female Bonus - €250Female Bonus
In addition to the main co-ed draws, the 2 highest achieving female players will be placed into a separate shootout draw, with the winner winning the Female Bonus Title & extra Prize Money.PLEASE NOTE:
• If any player (or plus one) is feeling unwell or experiencing any Covid-19 related symptoms, they must not come on to site.
• Players and guests are required to follow the national guidelines, wearing a face mask when walking around the club and respecting the 2m social distancing measures.
• All players and attendees will be asked to undergo a temperature check on entering the venue each day of the competition.
• Hand sanitiser will be available at the gates to the courts - players are encouraged to use on entering and exiting the courts.
• There are limited access to facilities on site - players are asked to bring their own drinks, food and towels etc to last the day.
• All government advised Covid-19 guidelines should be followed at all times.
Once entry deadline has passed, please keep up to date with draws, schedules and player info via this event page.